We are the only provider of Caesarean-specific antenatal courses in Norfolk. Our Caesarean antenatal courses have been specifically designed for women and their partners who are having a planned Caesarean birth and therefore don’t need the information about labour and vaginal birth, but who still want to enjoy all the benefits of attending antenatal classes.
Created and run by an experienced practising Norfolk midwife Andrea who will provide you with an overview of what will happen on the day of your Caesarean birth, as well as the rest of your hospital stay. Andrea will give you tips for recovery and early days with your baby, including breastfeeding, bottle feeding, baby care, bathing, baby wearing (slings), safe sleep, sleep expectations and much more.
This course consists of one LIVE online session (Caesarean specific) followed by two face-to-face sessions, where you will join the participants of the regular antenatal course for the infant feeding and baby care parts of the course (3 sessions in total).
If you have already attended a regular antenatal course, but your circumstances have changed and you now require a C-section, we also offer a one-off Caesarean specific session (discount available if you have attended one of our regular antenatal courses). Please complete our Contact form to enquire.
Full 3 week Caesarean antenatal course
(mum to be + one birthing partner)
- 3 week course
- One LIVE online session (approx. 1.5 hour) + two face-to-face sessions (approx. 3hours each)
- Face-to-face sessions include a break with refreshments
- Chance to meet other expectant parents with babies due at similar times
- Support by your midwife for the duration of the course via email or WhatsApp
- Social WhatsApp group created for the course participants who wish to be stay in touch with the rest of the group (optional)
- It is recommended to start the course when you are between 26 – 32 weeks pregnant, or at least 4 weeks before the date of your planned Caesarean birth (although we strongly recommend booking in advance to guarantee your place)
One-off Caesarean session
(Discounted rate for our existing clients £40)
- Available on request
- 1.5 hour LIVE online Caesarean specific session (does not include infant feeding or baby care)
- Suitable for anyone who has done a regular antenatal course but their circumstances have changed and they are now having a Casearean birth
- Also suitable for anyone who has previously had a vaginal birth or emergency Caesarean birth and is now having a planned Caesarean birth
- Please contact us if you would like to enquire about the One-off Caesarean session and we can arrange this for a mutually convenient date
£40 – £150
- Available for all of the above options
- Great gift idea for expectant parents
- Suitable as a gift for a baby shower, Birthday, Christmas etc.